Waste Collection Services in the region are divided into Areas. See below for the 2020-2021 calendars specific to your area, or enter your address in our online waste services tool - Waste App: R6Recycles!
See your pdf Area 1 2021 Calender (514 KB) here. Items must be placed curbside by 7:00am on your collection day. Please see Collection Details below for what is accepted.
Includes communities of: Falmouth, Upper Falmouth, Mt. Denson (Hwy 1 from Falmouth to Apple Treet Road), Leminster, Vaughan, Upper Vaughan, Wile Settlement, Mill Section, Windsor Forks, Martock, Garlands Crossing, Currys Corner, Three Mile Plains, Newport Station (West of Hwy 101), St. Croix (West of Hwy 101).
See your pdf Area 2&3 2021 Calender (600 KB) here. Items must be placed curbside by 7:00am on your collection day. Please see Collection Details below for what is accepted.
Includes communities of: Walton, Pembroke, Cambridge, Bramber, Cheverie, Kempt Shore, Summerville, Riverside, Cogmagun, Upper Burlington, Centre Curlington, Lower Burlington, Belmont, Avondale, Poplar Grove, Mantua, Wentworth Creek, Gypsum Mines, Sweets Corner, Woodville, Brooklyn, Newport Corner, Ellershouse, Ardoise, McKay Section, Greenhill, Hillsvale.
See your pdf Area 2&3 2021 Collection Calender (600 KB) here. Items must be placed curbside by 7:00am on your collection day. Please see Collection Details below for what is accepted.
Includes communities of: Hantsport, Bishopville, Hants Border (Bog Rd from and including Old Post Rd to Hantsport), Mt. Denson (Hwy 1 from and including Apple Tree Road/ Aberdeen Beach Rd to Hantsport, McKinley Rd and Schurman Rd)
NEW COLLECTION DAY: FRIDAY
See your full Windsor 2021 Collection Calendar here. Items must be curbside by 7:00am on your regular collection day. Please see Collection Details below for what is accepted.
This applies to all residences previously included in the town of Windsor collection. See below for specifications:
Albert Street (Civic No's. 366-546), Alexander Street, Chandler Lane, Churchill Street, Clifton Avenue, Clockmaker Lane, Edgehill Court, Haliburton Avenue, Highland Avenue, King Street (Civic No's. 494-920 & 948), Lakeview Drive, River Street, Sunset Avenue, Wiley Avenue (Civic No's. 330-773), Willow Street, and Wilson Street.
Albert Street (Civic No's. 32-335), Avon Street, Cedar Street, Chestnut Street, Cobbett Street, Colonial Road, Fort Edward Street, Fox's Lane, Gerrish Street, Gray Street, Hawthorne Street, King Street (Civic No's. 8-467), King Street Extension, Munro Street, Nesbit Street, Stannus Street, Thomas Street, Victoria Lane, Victoria Street, Wagner's Court, Water Street, and Wiley Avenue (Civic No's. 155-257).
Brightman Avenue, Burgess Crescent, Campbell Avenue, Centennial Drive, Chester Road (Civic No's. 5564-5485 & 5239-5221), Cole Drive, College Road, Cottage Street, Crossley Court, Empire Lane, Fraser Drive, Industrial Drive, King Street (Civic No's. 931-945 & 950-1952), King's Edgehill Lane, Kingsview Drive, Manning Drive, Morison Drive (No. 26 ONLY), O'Brien Street, Park Drive, Payzant Drive, St. John Street, Sunnyhill Drive, Trecothic Drive, Tremain Crescent, Underwood Drive, and Wentworth Road.
- For garbage, clear bags ONLY - no black bags are permitted for curbside collection
- Garbage 'privacy bag' permitted - 1 small opaque bag (kitchen-catcher or grocery type bag) allowed per large clear bag.
- Transparent blue or clear bags used for Recyclables
- No plastic bags in green cart (including bio-degradable/compostable)
- Metal items are collected once per year (twice in Windsor)
- Bulky items: ONE (non-metal) item or bundle permitted each garbage collection
Garbage: 6 bags (or 5 with a non-metal bulky item)
Recycling: 10 bags (or swap each bag with a bundle of cardboard)
Green Cart: 1 full green cart. Must be able to close lid.
NEW: You are permitted to place extra leaf & yard waste on your green cart collection day!
- Up to 3 paper bags of leaf & yard waste are allowed (or swap 1 paper bag for 1 bundle of brush)
- Brush must be tied and branches no thicker than 3", no longer than 1.2m (4ft) and no heavier than 22kg (55lbs)
Garbage: 4 bags (plus 1 non-metal bulky item)
Recycling: 4 bags (blue bag #1 & #2 combined)
Green Cart: 1 full green cart
Leaf & Yard Waste: Falls on last Monday of every month, from April - November only.
Or try searhing from hundreds of waste items here: Waste App: R6Recycles!
Special Collections: Metal
Metal collection will occur once a year on your regular collection day, during the specified week below:
AREA 1: JUNE 14th - 17th, 2021 | AREA 2 & 3: JUNE 7th -11th, 2021
No limit on the number of peices, but some restrictions apply:
- Must be at least 70% metal
- No single item is to exceed 1.22 m (4 feet) in length & 70 kg (155 lbs) in weight
- Small items (hardware, nails, nuts, bolts etc.) should be contained
- NO large springs, electronics, small appliances, pots/pans, or propane tanks
Metal collection will occur twice annually on your regular collection day. See 2021 dates below:
June 11th | October 29th
Some restrictions apply:
- Items must be larger than 1ft2
- Item must be at least 70% metal
- Oil tanks must be empty and cut in half
- Washer, water tanks, BBQs, lawnmowers are accepted
- Fridge, A/C units, freezers must have "CFC Removed" sticker
- Any small items (hardware, nails, nuts, bolts etc.) should be contained
NOTE: Our Region does not have a special collection for spring cleanup.
Instead, you are allowed 1 non-metal bulky item each garbage week, all year long! (couch, bundle of siding, vacuum, etc.)