Free Equipment Loan Programs
Free Equipment Loan Program
The Community Development Department has many free equipment loan programs which allow residents to borrow equipment which helps facilitate physical activity. We also welcome donations of equipment, in good working order, to add to our inventory!
Free Paddling Equipment Loan Program Opening June 10th!
Are You Ready???
Our FREE Paddling Equipment Loan program is opening on June 10th! We have all you need for your Kayak or Stand Up Paddle Board adventure!
Procedure to Borrow:
Step #1: Contact Bekah Craik to set up a reservation of the equipment you want to borrow.
- Loans are only processed by pre-booking equipment and a confirmed appointment time. NO DROP-INS ARE ALLOWED.
- Within 24-hrs of the confirmed appointment, we will call to complete a COVID-19 pre-screening survey.
Step #2: Pick-up/Drop-off (Thursdays and Mondays ONLY)
- COVID safety protocols must be adhered to at all times during the pickup/drop-off.
- Borrowers must provide a piece of ID in order to use our loan program. For our paddling equipment, a credit card is also required.
- Borrowers must fill out all required registration forms and agree to a waiver.
- Staff are not permitted to assist with loading/un-loading equipment. Therefore, with bigger equipment items (e.g. kayaks), it is recommended that two people come to the appointments for pick-up/drop-off. We do have universal roof racks which can be used with any vehicle.
If you are facing barriers to using our equipment, please reach out so we can work with you individually to overcome them.
Recycle Your Bicycle
Recycle Skates Program
Geocaching Loan Program