All rules are subject to chance and decisions may be made case to case bases under the discretion of lifeguards.
- Use of alcohol and drugs (including cannabis) are strictly prohibited on HAC property. Anyone who is thought to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be denied access.
- Children 9 and under must be accompanied by a responsible guardian at least 15 years old within arms reach at all times in the water
- Children in diapers must wear swim diapers when in the pool
- Do not swim if you have open cuts/sores, flu or cold symptoms, or diarrhea
- No Glass/Glass containers
- No food/drinks/gum in pool
- Facemask goggles (goggles with a covered nosepiece) are strongly discouraged, but may be used at swimmer’s own risk
- Inflatable waterwings/floaties/buoyant objects are not permitted
- No snorkels or flippers/fins during public swims
- No mermaid tails
- No animals on the pool deck (except service animals)
- No smoking on pool property
Diving Board Rules
- One person at a time on the board
- Backward entries are not permitted
- Ensure area is clear before jumping off
- Once in the water, swim to the ladder immediately
- No handstands or sitting dives off the board
- No hanging off the board
- Swimmers must be able to resurface and swim to ladder unassisted (or must wear a lifejacket)
- Board can be closed by lifeguards at any time
Hants Aquatic Staff are permitted to refuse entry to any members of the public if deemed necessary.