In the event of an emergency, residents are asked to be prepared to look after themselves and their families for up to 72hours.
Call or text 911 in an emergency situation that requires immediate assistance from the police, fire department or ambulance.
Examples of an emergency include:
- A fire
- A crime, especially if in progress
- A car crash, especially if someone is injured
- A medical emergency, especially for symptoms that require immediate medical attention
Nova Scotia Power
Nova Scotia Emergency Management Operations
Canadian Red Cross Atlantic
Nova Scotia Transportation Infrastructure and Renewal
- Road Map Conditions (511)
- Winter Maintenance Standards
- Snow Plow Tracker
- Highway Cameras
- Twitter (@NS_TIR)
The Disaster Animal Response Team of Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
Nova Scotia 211
Call 211 or text 21167 if you need information on services in your community but don't know where to turn.