Plan a Community Litter Clean-up!
With all the beauty and space our municipality has to offer, there also comes a lot of litter... seemingly everywhere you look! The issue is not new, but we are always looking for improved ways to take preventative measures through education and provision of resources. BUT... No matter how the times and tactics change, an important piece of the puzzle will always be people power. By joining together as a community, no matter how large or small your individual group may be, know that you are making a significant impact in our joined battle against litter. Every litter bit counts!!
Now, learn HOW:
We encourage volunteers to register their event through Nova Scotia Pick-Me-Up before they do anything else. This is a great way to track events and litter data province-wide, and stay up-to-date with essential information regarding clean-up events in Nova Scotia. They even offer contests and prizes for participants!
Next, depending on the location of your planned event, contact the following for permits and supplies:
- For events being held on Municipally owned property & streets (see list of streets here):
- Fill out a Litter Clean-up Permit Application.pdf
- Forward your application to Kristyn Remme, Waste Services Coordinator
- Questions? Phone the Coordinator at (902)798-8391 ext. 128
- For events being held on Provincially owned property & streets:
- Contact the Hants County Department of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal (TIR) to complete necessary permits.
- Hants office location: 4 Ivey Lane, West Hants Industrial Park, Windsor.